Mortimer Schnerd, RN

John A. Weeks III wrote:
It all depends where you call. There is a company opening shortly that puts
all the service together. What do you pay for your local phone company?
Maybe $25/month plus features? For $29.95 per month you can trash your
local company and get unlimited long distance and features to anywhere in
Canada the US and 20 other countries. All you need is high speed Internet.
You can still use all your phones and keep your number. To me that's the
cheapest long distance.

I think you are talking about Vonage. They have a plan now for
$14.95 a month. The number of minutes is limited to something
like 500 or 1500, but that is far more than what I use.

You have to remember you tend to get what you pay for. I considered Vonage (and
similar services) but decided against it due to the reliability problems. If I
lose my internet connection: no phone. If the power dies, no phone. If the
modem dies, no phone. No thanks.

BellSouth isn't anywhere near the cheapest, but I pay $39.95 for unlimited local
and long distance, call waiting, call forwarding, etc. And the phone service
has always worked... even after Hurricane Hugo, when the power was out here for
10 days.

I still use Onesuite when I'm away from the house.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE