KLS

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 23:14:43 -0400, "John"
wrote:

[cut]
I had a guy come by from an outfit called ThermRseal. They use expanding
foam, a product called Sealection500.

[cut]
This expanded foam product appears to be a good form of insulation and
better that traditional fiberglass. Many reports attest to its safety and
efficacy in insulating properties.

The guy gave me an estimate of $2,975. Said the job would take about a day.
Said my crawl space is a difficult job because of how it narrows down to
about a foot deep and will be hard, but not impossible to work in.

If this is the icynene stuff, it really is great, and its expense
results from specialized equipment needed to spray it in plus the
icynene itself. There's not enough sales volume yet to get the price
down, but it really works if you can swing the cost. I doubt you can
get the price down given the scarce competition and the difficult
parameters of the job.