Han

Andy Dingley wrote in
:

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 00:00:18 GMT, Han wrote:

I hate those little masks that don't quite fit over my beard

Small beards and bigger masks work OK together. A proper half-face
mask with separate filters is much more comfortable than any of those
disposables. A good exhale valve is certainly worth having - easier
airflow outwards also means less condensation inside. If you live
somewhere hot, pay the extra and get a silicone mask, not rubber. I'd
recommend the 3M series.

If it's a really big beard and you're onlyworried about dust, not
vapour, then get a full-face facemask on a headband (like a hard hat)
and fit an elasticated cuff around the edge (painters do disposable
ones). One with a fan and powered air filtration is nice, but they're
very expensive and some are heavy.

Thanks everyone. I am going to try a "better" half face mask with
filters, like Andy suggests. I'll see whether at work (VA Hospital)
they can help me with choosing one for there, so I know what will work
for me before I lay out my own money.

--
Best regards
Han