AL

Makita makes several different die grinders. I'm sure they're all pretty
good but I haven't used them all. However you need to be very careful abuot
their GDO810C. It was discontinued several years ago and can still be found
on ebay for very cheap. It was designed to spin very large bits and so
spins very slowly. This is fine if you're going to use a large bit, but is
useless if you're going to use small carbide burrs, etc.

The electric die grinder that Harbor Freight sells for $30-$40 is very good
too.

"SteveB" wrote in message
Makita die grinders any good?

Compare them to Dremel and Foredom. I know Foredom is a lot better, but I
mean as a handheld, will it cut nearly as good as a Foredom?

How are they to control? I don't want it for precise work, and probably
will be using it two handed most of the time.

Price seems pretty good, NIB on ebay.

Steve