Martin H. Eastburn

Just before we sold and moved out of Redwood country, a storm hit and a large
(24" at 4') oak decided to fall across my 45 degree down slope driveway. The power
company paid for the extraction of it - most of it anyway - as it was 'posed danger to their pole'
(key concept there!) The skilled person on the bucket truck used an arbor saw. He cut limbs
and trunks with that beauty. They swung logs over and down into a dumping area - not to roll
or bust the thin blacktop on the road. The tree was hung up through two redwoods that both
provided swing ties and props.

Only wish I have taken a movie of the whole process.

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

Gunner wrote:
On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 13:43:08 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 08:41:30 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

16 is a toy.

Gunner

The pros don't seem to think so. The guys from Des Moines used a 14"
or 16" saw to clear the 8" to 10" branches from the 8KV line behind my
house. Weight counts with extended usage, unnecessary weight is not
a plus. The guy mentioned something about "pain pills tonight".
They'd been working 16-hour shifts for several days.

When I've looked in the trucks of arborists, I usually see a 20 and a
couple of 16's, sometimes a 14. They seldom use the 20's unless the
size of the work requires it.

Saw one in a truck today that must have been a 36", maybe a 48".
Husq.

When you are trimming branchs..even an electric will work. Which is
why arborists tend to keep trimming saws on hand. But they dont cut
trees worth a ****.

Now you can have a saw you can trim with..or a saw you can trim with
AND cut down a tree. If you can afford only one..which will it be?

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner