Richard Ferguson

I have four or five die grinders, use them a lot. The Makita is one of
my favorites. The tapered nose makes it easier to hold than the usual
cylindrical air die grinders. I rarely use two hands on a die grinder.
Occasionally I will put one hand on the work and the other on the die
grinder, and use a finger of the hand on the work to help position or
stabilize the die grinder. You can also use the Makita like an
overgrown pencil, resting your hand on the work.

I have not used the Foredom, but a 1/4 inch shank die grinder is 10
times as powerful as a Dremel. I rarely use my Dremel anymore.

Richard

SteveB wrote:
Makita die grinders any good?

Compare them to Dremel and Foredom. I know Foredom is a lot better, but I
mean as a handheld, will it cut nearly as good as a Foredom?

How are they to control? I don't want it for precise work, and probably
will be using it two handed most of the time.

Price seems pretty good, NIB on ebay.

Steve