John R. Carroll

jim rozen wrote:
In article , John R.
Carroll says...

The rule is a Congressional ethics rule not a party leadership issue.

In any event Wes, this is completely consistent with Delay's prior
statements regarding this sort of issue. He will be able to get what
he has claimed he wants - an opportunity to clear himself.

"The time has come that the American people know exactly what their
representatives are doing here in Washington. Are they feeding at
the public trough, taking lobbyist-paid vacations, getting wined and
dined by special-interest groups? Or are they working hard to
represent their constituents? The people, the American people, have
a right to know. I say the best disinfectant is full disclosure."
Delivered on the House floor in November 1995 by well-known reformer
Tom DeLay, R-Texas.

Ah, those poor republicans. So much trouble, so many under
indictment, or soon to be so. The Abromoff issue hasn't even been
settled yet. The poor man was fighting a war on so many fronts.

Those nasty prosecutors even had a copy of his check. Tisk.

And now, what *exactly* happened to the guy were going to install to
take Tom's place? I think his name was Dreier, what's up with that?

He might be a Fag. The unspoken rule on the hill, often referred to as the
"Barney Frank" rule, seems to be that sexual orientation won't be
questioned except in cases where it might be relevant. Dreier has adamantly
refused to discuss his proclivities or sexual orientation for the record.
Denny Hastert and the Republican leadership have enough on their plates
right now without a Gay Leader in the mix. I'd love to hear what Pat
Robertson or Sam Brownback would have to say were that to happen.
Blount, on the other hand, doesn't bring this baggage with him. You just
have to wonder hor Dreier feels about it all.

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.