jim rozen

In article , John R. Carroll
says...

The rule is a Congressional ethics rule not a party leadership issue.

In any event Wes, this is completely consistent with Delay's prior
statements regarding this sort of issue. He will be able to get what he has
claimed he wants - an opportunity to clear himself.

"The time has come that the American people know exactly what their
representatives are doing here in Washington. Are they feeding at the public
trough, taking lobbyist-paid vacations, getting wined and dined by
special-interest groups? Or are they working hard to represent their
constituents? The people, the American people, have a right to know. I say
the best disinfectant is full disclosure."
Delivered on the House floor in November 1995 by well-known reformer Tom
DeLay, R-Texas.

Ah, those poor republicans. So much trouble, so many under indictment,
or soon to be so. The Abromoff issue hasn't even been settled yet. The
poor man was fighting a war on so many fronts.

Those nasty prosecutors even had a copy of his check. Tisk.

And now, what *exactly* happened to the guy were going to install to
take Tom's place? I think his name was Dreier, what's up with that?

Jim

please reply to: