~Roy

On 28 Sep 2005 17:46:46 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

snip

===
===I wouldn't wish a Poulan on my worst enemy.

They were named Poulan as thats what you all ways have to do to get
one started, keep poulan and poulan and poulan than rope.

We call Homelites Homalots as if you own one your gonna spend more
time at home than cutting wood.

We just call McColloughs junk, plain and simple and as stated by
someone before, they are good for boat anchors in most cases.

=== Poulans are nothing but junk to day, even the so called Poulan Pros.
=== ONe time a good Poulan Pro would run with the top dogs, but no so
=== anymore.
===
===Ah, good. We agree on that one. I guess the point I'd make is, just
===because they're owned by the same company doesn't mean they're all good.
===They're designed to sell at a price point. No clue about Jonserud,
===never tried one, but Husky is top-notch.

Yep, Poulans are targeted at occasional use by home owners who may
happen to have a tree fall down in their yard and want to cut it
up......

Husky, Jonsered and Stihl are big names in the saw business, and all
three also make consumer grade as well as commercial pro grade saws. I
am not all that familiar with Stihls new method of naming their saws,
but saws before their new system with odd numbers were
consumer/backyard / occassional use grade and those with even numbers
were commercial grade. The Husky 029 and o31 and 039 were big pieces
of junk.......but the 028, 040 saws were fine saws any wood cutter
would be proud to use and carry in the woods for a living.

Jonsereds are clones of a Husky, with a different color and sytle
housing for the most part and in some areas of the USA are major
players......but are a big player like Husky and Stihl in European
countries...... They made a Turbo action saw one year which was a
pretty neat saw, and they came out with the fan cleaned air cleaner
system and electric handlebars long before Husky or Stihl did.
===
=== I can use any of my Husky saws for 8 or more hours and not have a
=== problem, but any size Stihl will make my left arm numb as well as my
=== fingers in a few hours of use..Not good.
===
===That's a good point, but with good gloves, that may be minimized for
===you. But yes, my Husky does feel smoother and is less tiring to use
===than my Stihl.
===

The reason I can tell so good is I had my left elbow crushed, and had
a lot o=f nerve damage. They tried to repair the Ulnar nerve after
they repaired the elbow, and they screwed it up worse. So after yet
another surgery the elbow is as good as its gonna be, but the three
main nerves that transverse the arm are all repositioned in my left
arm and near the surface just barely under the arms fatty tissue, so
they are prone to all kinds of sensitivity.... Just one of those
things...

A good Gel filled glove makes for a good shock absorber and
eliminmates lots of vibrations, but I have never been a guy that wears
gloves for any reason be it super cold or welding, I just do not like
or wear gloves......
=== I would recomend a Husky in the 45 to 55 model sizes as they can pull
=== a chain on a 18 inch bar and come with a 16 inch bar. NIcely balanced
=== and dependable.
===
===Mine is a "51". 15-20 years old, on it's third bar, and no problems at
===all. Either Husky or Stihl would be just fine, if I were to buy a third
==="good" saw it'd be a Husky.

"The original frugal ponder"