JT

Thanks for all the replies!

Aiden, I cleaned the strainer, and also recharged the air volume in
the Megaflo, but that didn't seem to make much difference.

I suppose it /could/ be the water company changing something, and was
just an unfortunate coincedence that it was just after we got our
system newly setup!

On 28 Sep 2005 08:24:02 -0700, "Aidan" wrote:

Lobster wrote:

But that wouldn't affect the cold mains pressure all over the house??

If it's the usual multi-function valve with a balanced pressure
draw-off for cold, then yes it would affect everything served by the
hot & cold.

If not, or if it's not been piped correctly, then no. It's often a
PITA to properly connect the cold to the PRV outlet, which will
typically be above the ground floor. They often leave the cold
connected to the ground floor mains supply.

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 18:53:14 +0100, "Harry Bloomfield"
wrote:

Could the problem be outside your property?

Our pressure sometimes varies between two levels, we put it down to the
water authority turning pumps on and off at the local water tower.

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 15:47:59 +0100, wrote:

If it's /all/ taps, cold as well, it could be that the water authority has
introduced a programme to reduce leakage from its mains by pressure
reduction. Have neighbouring properties been affected?