Thanks you (all of you) for your replys. When I was starting to look I
ran across a TDK PDF file talking about the product the magnetics
division made and things they are used for. From what I could tell they
have 3 types they make for drive clamping in the ferrite dry
anisotropic type (formula is SrO6Fe2O3) parts FB5D, FB3N and FB3G.
Shape according to them was called DH (I'm guessing for doughnut hole).

I'm going to cannibalize my 1 dead drive (a DVD/CD-R combo) that
overheated and see what I can do, and then check on what I can find
based on what you suggested.