Bobby

Hi, Charlie!

Sorry about that! It is easy to take broadband for granted. I have
recropped and resized the majority of the pictures. Here is the link:
http://www.awhangar.com/restoration/Matthews_secretary/

Thank you for your input! I say that to all in the newsgroup, as
well. It has been extremely helpful in understanding this piece.

As you can see, the top of the piece is noticably warped. How would
one go about making it flat again?

The wood seems to be a soft wood, very possibly pine. Could you
suggest resources to help me better identify it?

When you open the doors you are overcome with that unmistakable and
wonderful "antique" smell! Might that indicate a shellack finish?

Again, thanks for all of the help. I am estimating the work will
take me 6 months at best. (I AM an amateur, but learning fast)

Take care!

Bobby