ed_h

I've done this. It is a home-made fixture that attaches to a 20 inch
bar on my Stihl 028. Cuts take a while--maybe a minute or two per
foot, depending on the sharpness of the chain. The rip chain has to be
sharpened after every 10-15 feet of cut. I still do it occasionally
for windfalls on my property. I wouldn't call it fun, exactly, except
when you turn over a frehly cut flitch and see the newly exposed grain.

nothere@northere wrote:
I just had some large oak trees blown down from the hurricane and
would like some info on how to cut the tree using a chainsaw and jig
to cut into planks.

any suggestions...I have minimum experience with a chainsaw. Im
looking into getting a husky 24" with a alaskan saw mill.

I need to know what patteren to cut the wood in

thanks

Mike