Don Foreman

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 04:53:42 GMT, Ignoramus4243
wrote:

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 21:01:05 GMT, Mike Young wrote:
"Ignoramus4243" wrote in message
I would like to find a good steel supplier in western suburbs of
chicago, preferably one that is open on Saturdays. Looked at yellow
pages and I am not finding much. Anyone uses a particular one?

I need some angles, flats, and inthe future, square tubes.

Metal Express, in Addison and Loves Park (near Rockford).

they seem to have pretty outrageous prices... unless I am mistaken.

$23.55 per 10 ft of 2x2x1/4" steel angle.

Maybe I misunderstood what I heard on the phone, but I was quoted
under $5 per such piece by the second dealer I mentioned.

Today's price in Minneapolis would be $28.75 for 2" x 2" x 1/4" angle,
20 feet (not 10). That's about 45c/lb. 20 foot is standard
length. If you only want 10 feet, they may charge a different rate
and they'll probably charge for the cut. If you go in person,
sometimes you can find "drops" that they'll sell for the same per/lb
rate as standard lengths.