NUMAtrekkie NUMAtrekkie is offline
Junior Member

Exclamation Sharp Mini Stereo CD-DD4500 LCD on the 'blink'

Hey folks, first time poster here.
I have a Sharp CD-DD4500. Its well cared for and somewhere about 5 years old. Well suddenly, the LCD display has crapped out. I get nothing but an almost imperceptible glow. It makes it darned hard to tell what I'm doing with the stereo.
It is housed in a entertainment center cabinet with a glass door. I do notice that it gets rather warm in there, and I've plans to install a vent fan. Could this heat have had something to do with the problem.
I imagine simply removing the heat won't fix it, so...any suggestions?

Thanks folks

Aaron, NY
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CD-DD4500.jpg (21.6 KB, 186 views)

Last edited by NUMAtrekkie : September 28th 05 at 10:25 PM Reason: Added pic