TonyK

"niavasha" wrote in message
oups.com...
hi all

nightmare of nightmares, the neighbours can hear us!

we live in a 1904 terraced house. we partitioned one of the
upstairs bedrooms, which is against the party wall of our neighbours,
into a bathroom and smaller bedroom.

there is a chimney breast that runs half way between both
new rooms.
in the bathroom, the floor is tiled with bath and loo etc.

However, owing to another problem with the neighbour they
just informed us that they can hear everything we do in
the bathroom as their bedroom is on the other side!

Is there anything we can do? The sound presumably must be going under
the floor boards? Could we put some sound dampening material
under the boards to mute this?

Any ideas appreciated!

Thanks
Harry

Yep make a lot of noise.. pretend if need be. It will embarass them into
sorting the problem for you. Either that or you will become good friends.

;-)