Andy Cuffe

Default DTV-306 No horizontal sweep

This RCA DTV306 38" direct view wide screen HDTV powers up with HV,
CRT heaters lit and both fans running as soon as its plugged in. The
power button turns the power light on and off, but there's no other
noticeable effect. Turning up the G2 control reveals a sharp vertical
line about 4" long. There's zero horizontal sweep. It never goes
into shutdown. There's no sound, but without seeing a picture,
there's no way to tell if there should be any sound.

It appears to have had the standby power supply diode upgrade and I've
checked for obvious things like bad soldering, shorted HOT, swollen
caps, cracked PCB,... The standby power supply is working and there's
about 75v on the C of the HOT. There's no horizontal drive. Before I
do anything else, has anyone seen this problem before? I realize this
is a very complex chassis, but I would rather not buy a service manual
if I can avoid it.
Andy Cuffe

-- Use this address until 12/31/2005

-- Use this address after 12/31/2005