~Roy

I have a pet beaver that takes down trees of that size for me just to
stay in shape.......

ABout the only spare parts needed would be an extra chain and
bar.......and if the saw you have uses a rim type drive instead of
spur drive, then a spare spur is nice to have handy as they only cost
3 or 4 bucks and have been known to crack, but usually they are about
as trouble free as a stone.......Any other extra parts is a waste of
money and storage space......

The extra bar is nice for those occasaions when you may get one wedged
in a cut even though you may have had bucking wedges in use, hell ****
happens, so at least you can cut your old bar out of the wedged
cut........The spare bar could be either smaller or larger, so you
have more versatility........and of course your gonna need a chain to
fit, as well as a fileing guide and files to sharpen the chain and
dress the bar as they will get wire edged after use.

A 6" saw is able to take down trees of 32 or so inchs or more in
diameter if you know what your doing................the big difference
is in the amount of time it takes with a smaller saw as compared to a
large saw..........but small saws are far from being a toy.........

On 28 Sep 2005 04:33:54 -0700, wrote:

==="Ive cut down 24"+ trees with a bowsaw, an ax, and a two man cross cut
===saw on many occasions. "
=== -- Gunner
===
===Do you know how to file those saws? I can't get them anywhere nearly as
===sharp as the factory does.
===
===jw

"The original frugal ponder"