Paul \( Skiing8 \)

"kram" wrote in message
Does anybody know how to tension garage doors correctly ? i.e. the large
spring in the middle My door only comes up half way and if you opened it
really quickly the cables would come off the cones and ravel up.

Thanks

Mark

I would Third the lubrication suggestion already mentioned.

On my door I had the same problem and I just gave the spring a good blast
with the WD40 and then I happened to have some white spray grease that I
used on the tracks and wheels. Almost worked too well, you now have to stop
the door from bashing against the top when it opens.

Paul