SimonP

Default Would you buy another kitchen from Wickes?

"rrh" wrote in message ...
I wouldn't. First, on the positive side, the in-store staff have been
helpful and pleasant; and the quality of the kitchen units themselves is
reasonable to good. On the other hand, I allowed myself a full month after

( snipped...)

I got my kitchen from Wickes, They did not deliver the doors at first,
but they turned up the next day by parcel force ( must have cost them
a bomb!)
Also I had an odd number of draw runners, but luckily I by passed any
call centre and someone from my local branch just sent me the one I
needed.
I got the worktop from B&Q , nothing turned up damaged..

The sales guy managed to sell me all the pelemet and cornice stuff
that I have still not got around to fitting..

The units themselves are quite good, nice solid doors and quite sturdy
cabs. They were 50% off too ( sort of a continual sale thing they
seemed to be doing for about 6 months a year!)

If / When I do another kitchen I think I might just get the 'off the
shelf' stuff, which I guess I could just purchase as I was ready for
it.

Not too bad an experience all in all though.

Simon