So I have read on here before that CFLs are not suitable for use with
dimmer switches. Does this mean that CFLs wont 'dim', or that they simply
won't work or will be dangerous. Unfortunately my rented property has
dimmer switches everywhere, and I want to put CFLs in. I am not going to
be using the 'dimmer' function except when I turn them on and off. They
are weird touch-sensitive switches which you have to touch several times
to turn them up, and once again to turn off. Would it be safe to run CFLs?
Would the lifetime of them be affected as I would have to turn them up
gradually when turning on?

You can do this, its not dangerous, the gotchas a

1. it may flicker until full bri setting is reached
2. CFL life may be reduced a little
3. You might experience dimmer failures

NT