Phil Addison

On 27 Sep 2005 13:12:09 -0700, in uk.d-i-y wrote:

Phil Addison wrote:
On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 13:32:08 GMT, in uk.d-i-y

(s--p--o--n--i--x) wrote:

Does anyone know what will remove expanding foam from a confined
space?

I think acetone is a solvent for it - at least that's what my can says
to use to clean the injection tube. Acetone is nasty stuff and has nasty
fumes though, so take care.

Phil

I use the acetone spray as well. It clears the tube fine but the bloody
foam aerosol bit rarely cleans properly. The second time I try to use
it, it struggles to come out and forget trying to use it a third time,
the press down action is totally screwed by then and I find myself
having to rip a screwdriver through the top and spoon the contents into
the cavity before giving up and dumping the bloody thing in a carrier
bag to ooze out it's contents :-)

Sums it up pretty well ;-)

Phil
The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at
http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/
e-mai1: editor (a t) diyfaq (stop) o r g (stop) uk = make obvious corrections