raden

In message , Owain
writes
:::Jerry:::: wrote:
As far as the contributor is concerned there hasn't been and
will never be any financial loss.

Of course there has been. If the knowledgeable people here were
commissioned to write an article for Avenue Supplies' website, they
would expect to be paid for it at normal commercial rates.

Perhaps the writers and maintainers of the FAQs, in particular, should
think about copyright statements on the FAQs, possibly releasing them
under something like creative commons licences?

And a written charter - do we have one?

I know there are guidelines in the faq but does that constitute a
charter ?

I've quoted it several times when writing emails to spammers, but I've
never seen one. I remember protracted discussions about it some years
ago, but don't remember if anything actually came of it

--
geoff