:::Jerry::::

"John Cartmell" wrote in message
In article

ws.net,
:::Jerry:::: wrote:
I might be happy to provide a photograph free for a charity

magazine yet
choose to charge if the Daily Mirror wants it.

We are talking about Usenet contributions, not those to your

rag...

I might choose to provide a short article free on a news group yet

charge if
the Daily Mirror wants to print it. What's the difference?

Certainly no one
can assume that I have no rights in the matter - and one of the

rights that I
retain is the right to charge for the use of my material. Even if I

have
chosen to give it free elsewhere.

You know that the nntp source is open, if you don't like that then
don't post messages to it. OTOH, if you really do think you have a
case I suggest you try and close Google down, they are doing what the
original site in question did on a much grander scale - and most
certainty making money out of their targeted adverts.