Dave Fawthrop

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 17:11:45 +0100, Chris Bacon
wrote:

| Dave Fawthrop wrote:
| On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 15:23:12 +0100, Chris Bacon
| wrote:
|
| | Dave Fawthrop wrote:
| | "nightjar" wrote:
| | | If you are replacing the floorboards and want a flat floor, the simplest
| | | answer is flooring quality chipboard.
| |
| | Not in bathrooms or kitchens.
| |
| | Why not? I've chipboard in my kitchen, admittedly
| | under some "tiles".
|
| They do not appreciate water. A little bit and then dry off no problem, a
| small leak which you did not notice big problem.
|
| Interesting, I've had a sheet of flooring chipboard
| covering up something outside for the last year or
| so. It looks exactly the same as it did then.
| Caberfloor P5 IIRC.

I had a bit supporting the hot water cylinder, it was fine for 25 years
but a leak developed around coil from the boiler, which was covered by the
lagging, so I missed it. I suddenly found the cylinder was an inch lower
than it should have been. Quickly shored it up, but it sort of brought
forward a planned move to a combi boiler ;-)

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
The London suicide bombers killed innocent commuters.