Michael Mcneil

"Mr Fizzion" wrote in message
news
All the floorboards in my room are different sizes - I guess I will have to
give them exact measurements? (width, height and thickness?) and they can
cut them to order?

What exactly is the problem?

Is there a cheap material you can buy to put on top of floorboards?

Are you going to put carpet on top? or vinyl? If so use hardboard.

The hardboard needs to be wetted quite thoroughly before fixing to the
boards with tacks.The idea of wetting it is that when it shrinks it will
go into tension against the tacks and wil not buckle if it stretches in
the future.

Don't waste too much time having extremely well cut joints and borders,
you will have to cover the hardboard as it is not wear resisitant.