Phil Addison

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:14:18 +0100, in uk.d-i-y ":::Jerry::::"
wrote:

"Phil Addison" wrote in message
On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 21:32:35 +0100, in uk.d-i-y Chris Bacon
wrote:

snip

P.S. Do *you* believe in "disclaimers"?

Oh dear, you are confused. A copyright says 'this is mine and if

you
want to copy it you have to negotiate with me'.

But you have posted it to a PUBLIC news feed.... You have in effect
waved your rights to some degree, as long as someone doesn't try and
pass off your work as their own (which they are not) there is little
or nothing you can do short of not posting to a public newsfeed.

All Avenue Supplies are doing is taking that public news feed and
placing it within a HTML web page - just as Google etc. do.

So just as you haven't bothered to follow up the links I gave that would
tell you exactly which copyright myth you believe in, you didn't even
look at the first page on Avenue Supplies I complained about. Had you
done that you would have seen Dave's post about a Honeywell CM-67
embedded right in a page normally arrived at by searching their
catalogue for thermostats, and listing some dozen that they sell.

Rather different from google.

Phil