Arfa Daily

"30W" wrote in message
Hello all,

I ordered some replacement tubes for an old radio for a friend. All
the tubes seemed ok except for two. One of them is missing a pin that
the original had and one has an extra pin that the original did not.

My question is do these pins matter? Is it possible all the pins are
not being used?

Original Tube Replacement Pins
6BG6GA 6BG6G Extra pin
35Y4 35Y4 Missing pin

They are going in a Sears Silvertone Radionet.

Thanks alot for any info!!

M. M.

The 6BG6 is a beam tetrode. According to my data book, the following pins
are used

Pin 2 - heater
Pin 3 - cathode
Pin 5 - control grid
Pin 7 - heater
Pin 8 - screen grid
Top cap - anode

Pins 1, 4 and 6 have no connection / no function

The 35Y4 is a rectifier with the following pins used

Pin 1 - heater
Pin 2 - anode
Pin 4 - heater tap
Pin 7 - cathode
Pin 8 - heater

Pins 3,5 and 6 have no connection / no function

It is not at all unusual for these Octal / B8G based tubes to have extra or
missing zero-function pins between different manufacturers, so you should
not have a problem.

Arfa