imbsysop

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:32:02 -0400, "Nostrobino"
wrote:

"imbsysop" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:01:23 -0400, "Nostrobino"
wrote:

with a -dV/dt
charger nothing to worry about anymore. have been using one for 4
years now and my NiMh's still feel like brand new ..
FWIW

You're way ahead of me on this and I'm afraid I don't know what -dV/dt
means. Is that something related or similar to the "FLEX negative pulse"
charging that Maha advertises (which is also Greek to me)?

whoops .. yes it is probably the same thing the Maha guys mean ..

what is refered to is that, at "full" charge NIMH's and NiCd's exhibit
a short steep voltage raise followed rather quickly by a sudden small
voltage drop. This is commonly refered to as a -dV/dt aka a negative
voltage increase per time .. modern chargers detect this dip and act
accordingly, mostly switching to so called "trickle" charging ..
HTH