imbsysop

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:01:23 -0400, "Nostrobino"
wrote:

"imbsysop" wrote in message
news
On 26 Sep 2005 14:56:38 -0700, "
wrote:

What does a smart charger do when compared to just charging NIMH cells
at ten percent of their capacity, (as I do nicads now) ?

you mean 10% under their max. capacity ? How do you
define/test/measure those 10% ?
IIRC and per specs. one needs an 120% capacity charge to have a cell
fully charged

He said charging *at* ten percent of capacity, e.g. charging 2000mAh cells
at 200mA. That's the long-established rate for standard (as opposed to fast)
charging of such cells, I believe.

sorry for my bad reading .. :-)

caveat of that method is that it is time controlled and one never
knows the discharge state of the batteries when charging starts so the
"timer run" for "full" is impossible to define .. with a -dV/dt
charger nothing to worry about anymore. have been using one for 4
years now and my NiMh's still feel like brand new ..
FWIW