Mark & Juanita

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:23:46 -0700, lgb wrote:

In article , says...
IMO, we really don't need more laws, what we need is more training in
proper etiquette and being polite around others.

I thought it was liberals who believed in mankind's perfectibility? grin

IOW, it'll never happen. Even in past days, those "old-fashioned virtues" only held
sway among the middle and upper classes.

I'm not arguing for "perfectability", but when you look around you, our
society is much more crude than it was even 1 generation ago. There may
have been pockets of such crudity in earlier times, but this has become the
norm rather than the exception in our society.