Tim Douglass

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:40:15 -0400, wrote:

We may be putting to much on cell phone use. Is that really any more
distractiong than one of those "100 button" CD player/radios or a
satellite navigation system?
The heater A/C has become a mind boggling thing to run.
New car dash boards look like the bridge of the star ship enterprise
these days.
Add a cup of hot coffee, a cigarette, an Egg McMuffin and two
screaming kids in the back seat ... it's no wonder we need air bags.

How much have accident rates risen in the last few years?

I drop my kids off at school daily and I estimate that at least a
third if not more of the drivers are on their cell phones throughout
the whole process. (my question is "who do you call at 7:00 in the
morning for a long chat?") If driving while on your cell phone is as
dangerous as all the research indicates we should be seeing dramatic
increases in accident rates.

No harm, no foul.

I don't have quick access to those statistics, but I am guessing that
if there really was a significant increase it would be all over the
news. Human beings really are remarkably good at multi-tasking.

--
"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com