Fred

Default What would be your perfect lumber rack?

If you had to design one for your truck what would your ideal lumber rack
be? First would you use round or rectangular tubing? I've seen one made out
of stainless steel and another made of copper (both with large 3-4" tubing)
and it looked too good for lumber but I'm not set up to weld stainless or
copper. The copper was just for show its really too soft for a working
truck. Has to be a full rack to take 20' long lumber. Has lots of tie downs,
the new trucks went cheap with tie downs - four on mine new truck instead of
eight on my old one. Provision for folk lift loading, and removable top bar
above the tailgate to get it out of the way for loading something like a
tall bookcase. Steel mesh across the back window, don't want anything like
lumber or a RAS going through the passenger compartment. Clamp down instead
of bolt down so no damage with holes drilled to the truck bed for mounting
the rack. A 12V DC electric winch attached to the reinforced lumber rack
frame would be nice to pull heavy stuff up to the bed.

Anything else?