Patriarch

s wrote in
:

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 06:20:12 GMT, "Ivan Vegvary"
wrote:

My cherry tree has not put out any twigs or leaves for 2 seasons in a
row. It is dead. I would like to make some lumber, or, maybe cut it
into chunks to make turnings. The trunk is about 18" in diameter and
9 feet tall. I do happened to have acreage and a backhoe. Decades
ago I read that you are supposed to bury the trunk for something like
3-4 years. All suggestions appreciated. BTW, tree is in the
Northwest. Lots of rain.

Ivan Vegvary

don't bury it.

find a competent sawyer in your area. woodmizer offers a location
service- you might call them.
1.800.553.0182

Or contact one of the turning clubs in your area. Two years dead may be a
problem for lumber, but could be OK for turning blanks.

The backhoe will be nice, because the turners may want the root ball...

But don't bury anything.

Patriarch