mac davis

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 15:26:44 -0400, "Bill Gooch" wrote:

I've been turning for a couple of years now, using a faceplate and
sacrificing a lot of wood in the process. I'm ready to go for a chuck now
and have pretty much decided on a SuperNova 2 for my Delta 715 lathe. I'm
purely a hobbyist so I don't need the best but want something simple that I
don't have to buy a bunch of jaws for.

Search the newsgroup and found considerable opinion but hard to tell which
chuck would be better for a novice/duffer that simply wants a hobby.

Any guidance appreciated.

I spent a few bucks more for the Oneway Talon, at the suggestion of a few
members here... it's my first chuck and I had no idea what I was doing.. *g*

After about a year and a couple of hundred of turnings, I'd never change.. but
since I've never used any other chuck, my opinion is very bios..
I love the one hand use with the key, the way it holds and how much easier it
has made turning.. especially on bowls... YMMV

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing