David Billington

I bought my Clarke bandsaw from Machinemart in the UK and found the
gears worn away very badly recently and taking up lots of power due to
the jamming engagement. I got the manual out, looked up the part
numbers, called machinemart spares and had the parts in about 2 days for
around £17 IIRC shipped. The bearings I also replaced, those I got from
RS components. The bore of 1 bearing was 0.004" over what it should be,
that was wear just the way it was manufactured.

J.S. Reed wrote:

My Clarke brand 4 1/2" bandsaw just gave up the ghost. The driven gear in
the gearbox is smooth as a baby's backside in several spots, and the teeth
are sharp as knives in others. Does anyone know where to get spare parts?
Does anyone know why this failed?
I would love to make a new gear, but I haven't tried it yet, don't have the
time, and understand that a worm drive makes the details very critical.