Peter Grey

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...rch+this+group

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.e...h+ this+group

Peter

"aribert" wrote in message
I am fleshing out my Christmas wish list and am thinking of adding a Harbor
Freight self dimming welding helmet. The one in question is the Chicago
Electric "brand", P/N 91212. It appears to have a manual adjustment for the
shade, ranging from 9 to 13 and two additional switches. One to choose
between slow vs fast reaction (why would I not always want the fastest
reaction?) Reaction speed is listed at 1/25,000 second. The helmet also
has a high/low sensitivity switch.

YOur thoughts? I am trying to keep this item under $75 but I do not want
to have some one throw their money way if I end up using my old helmet. I
have never tried welding with one of the H Frt helmets but I have used a
midline and a high end Jackson (had the extra side light) self dimming
helmet. Would love to have one of those but that is out of the financial
picture.

If responding directly, remove the "nospam" from my e-mail address.