Boris Beizer

"SteveB" wrote in message
news:iV0_e.81966$DW1.25249@fed1read06...

Am I missing something?

Yes. A pair of wire rope cutters. As said in another post, these are
bypass type cutters. Any good marine store or marine supplier on the net
(e.g., West Marine) has these for sale. 1/4" wire rope is about the limit.

Do I need to put solder on the wire rope, then cut it with a grinding
wheel to get a nice enough end to put through the ferrule? I am using the
ferrule that has room for two cables in it, and they fit tight. If there
is ANY frayed wires, it won't go through.

No need for solder. Ever. Just the right cutters.

Boris

--

Boris Beizer Ph.D. Seminars and Consulting

TEL: 215-572-5580
FAX: 215-886-0144
Email bsquare "at" earthlink.net