Grant Erwin

Alex wrote:

I am shopping for floor model drill press. My budget is $300 and I want
a drill press with little or no vibration and little run out.
Any recommendation is appreciated.

ROTFL

Every cheap drill press vibrates. Some are better than others. I once owned a
Jet 17MF, had less than .001" runout, ran pretty smooth after I monkeyed with
it. To get a cheap DP to run smoothly you'll have to remove all the pulleys and
true them on a lathe, then balance them. Then you'll have to tear down the motor
and balance the armature. Those should get you a long ways. A lightly used Jet
17MF should cost you about $250.

Check this out: http://www.tinyisland.com/htbdrillp.txt

GWE