RDF

Wow, that's close to me. I just make orders with a chassis builder for a
discount we split. I'll have to check them out. Do you want maybe a chance
to try some tig work on my gear I have pretty much everything up and
running. I'm in the Loop. Maybe check out some of the different torches and
such, see what you like before dropping cash into it?
Just a thought.

Rob

"Ignoramus4243" wrote in message
Found another one next to the one you mentioned

William J Matthews Inc Steel Supplier Address: 215 N Laflin St,
Chicago, IL 60607 Phone: (312) 666-1388

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 18:32:19 GMT, Ignoramus4243
wrote:
On 27 Sep 2005 09:54:55 -0700, coolcamaro79
wrote:

Ignoramus4243 wrote:
I would like to find a good steel supplier in western suburbs of
chicago, preferably one that is open on Saturdays. Looked at yellow
pages and I am not finding much. Anyone uses a particular one?

I need some angles, flats, and inthe future, square tubes.

thanks

Can't help too much on the west side, but I use Kloster Steel, they are
closer to down town. Good people there. Not sure if they are open
Saturdays though, as we use them for my company during the week. Worth
a call if your interested. They are near Randolph and Ogden. Let me
know if you want more info.

This is PERFECT for me. I called them and the person on the phone was
very nice. They open at 6am, which is very helpful. They can order hot
rolled steel for me, takes a couple of days. I told them that I am
just an amateur with a garage, not some big shot, and he said that he
was fine with that.

I need some idea of what is good prices. Say, how much is a sensible
price to pay for 1.5" (for a greenhouse) and 3" (for trailer) angle
iron or a 4" I beam (for generator frame)?

thanks!!!!