Grant Erwin

Grant, I am greatly interested in making my own carbonated water. I am
on low carb, no sugar, but we spend quite a bit of $$ on buying
carbonated mineral water. Can you give some more details on homemade
carbonated water, thanks.

Richard Kinch did a real good writeup: http://truetex.com/carbonation.htm
I used his method for joining the valve to the cap, but I used a Schrader valve
on my hose and just pressurize the thing like you're blowing up a car tire.

Fill the bottle 1/3 full of water, put it on its side in the freezer, then rap
it smartly against the edge of a table to break the ice into chunks, then fill
with cold water (leaving some head space) and then pressurize while shaking. It
really works great.

GWE