SteveB

"Jordan" wrote in message
u...
I think you need some bypass-type cutters, as the jaws of bolt cutters are
rarely able to close enough to cut the last few strands of wire rope - even
if they're sharp. In that way, it's better than a chain, for anti-theft.
I've seen a simple type of cable cutter, that was a 2-piece thingo you put
on the floor, and hit with a sledge hammer - could cut up to about an inch
rope diameter.
Or, you could maybe just flame-cut it?

That wouldn't produce a clean enough end to fit through the ferrule. I want
to put the ferrule on there and clamp it down, rather than just having the
Crosby clamps on there that someone could take off.

Oh, I know, someone could cut the cable, too, but it would be better than a
plain cable with Crosby clamps.

Steve