Mark Jerde

Grant Erwin wrote:

I have nailed the problem of either making soda water or
recarbonating anything fizzy in a plastic soda bottle. I followed
Richard Kinch's advice pretty much but for the cap hardware. I just
went to the car parts store and bought some screw-on Schrader valves
and drilled holes in plastic bottlecaps and screwed on the Schrader
valves. I have a CO2 tank with Schrader fitting so now it's duck soup
to pressurize a plastic bottle. For awhile I had my kids make their
own pop. I think they were horrified by the quantities of sugar that
went in, because now they don't drink sugary pop any more, so I'd say
it worked.
I'm wondering if a small CO2 bottle, the 20 pound kind, can be used
for MIG welding aluminum.

Yet another example of why I love lurking in this newsgroup. I like to
think I'm a pretty good make-do engineer but I'm a rank amateur here. Keep
it up!

-- Mark