Eric R Snow

On 26 Sep 2005 15:09:01 -0700, "CAMCOMPCO"
wrote:

So is this a vote for not "ballizing" the hole with a bearing.....Dan,
what say you. Have you had success with it? It's interesting to note
how opinions on certain topics can generate both support and
condemnation at the same time...

Thoughts and comments from others...I guess I am going to cram a ball
in the hole, cut the "tube" open and check with a microscope
myself....Once I get my ball bearings in, I'll check and get back to
you all with the findings.

By the way, I never commented on the material....mostly CRS, SS or
Aluminum (mostly fortal these days).

Thanks again all.

John

John,
You will find that gummier metals, like crs, will give you a better
finish than harder materials. Be sure to use the correct lube.
Cheers,
Eric R Snow,
E T Precision Machine