I actually never stated that I wanted to use 100 watt lamps. It was
just another recommendation that I read about.

I truthfully don't think there is anything wrong with properly
installed and regularly checked and replaced heat tape. Regular
inspection of the heat tape in this crawl space would be a cumbersome,
dirty project that I would like to avoid.

I would much rather not get involved with bringing any electrical
current into the crawl space if possible.

In the past there have been several houses burn down from electrical
type of events. From what I was told the salt air over time will cause
a corrosion to develop between copper splices in electical boxes. Over
time with increased corrosion you now get arcing of current rather than
direct connections. Arcing generates heat and goodbye house.

Thus.....I'd rather keep electric connections out of the crawl.