Paul Andrews

"Andy" wrote in message

"Lobster" wrote in message
Andy wrote:

snip

I'm thinking there may be something I can screw into the existing pier,
then cement into the block work, but the only things I've seen look

like
cavity wall ties.

You need these babies: http://tinyurl.com/8zag2 (or

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=101892&ts=73501&id=31633)

David

Really? They don't look very heavy-duty. I thought that with a wall and

all,
something chunkier might be in order. Still, I expect I'll have to use one
per course so that give me five ties at the interface at least.

snip

Andy.

This might be a bit more suitable:
though I've not ordered one myself.

I know you can get similar items from Wickes (cost £19.99 - designed to tie
brick walls together) which would allow
you to tie a wall section between a pair of piers (the Wickes pack includes
two sections of fixing). So depending on how many piers you have it's going
to be expensive. Presumably if your neighbour is objecting to wood, I
suppose they're paying half?

Personally I'd think that bare blocks between brick piers would look far
uglier than wood.

Paul