Andy

"chopsaw" wrote in message

I want to change a radiator on my combi based central heating system
WITHOUT having to drain dowm the system. I propose to use a freezing
mixture on the inlet and outlet pipes and then put the radiator in
place. (The old radiator has already been removed and the pipes
temporarily closed off.)
My problem is will the pressure of the combi system blow the ice plugs
before I can attach the new radiator? Any comments gratefully received.
Thanks

--
chopsaw

Why not relieve the pressure during the operation. I suppose there are
various ways to do it, the most obvious being to press the overpressure
relief valve button and shoot a few litres of CH water out of the overflow
pipe.
You can always repressurise it from the filling loop afterwards.

Andy.