Default ATX PSU failure and diagnostics

Good day all!

I have an ATX power supply for a small form factor PC (Shuttle, I-will
XPC) and it is currently broken. Inspecting the power supply, i found
out that when I jumper Pin 14 and Pin 15, the fan will spin (indicating
that there is power) however it will die out eventually after a few
seconds. After working with GOOGLE and searching forums and all, I
found out that a certain TTL transistor is responsible for latching the
circuit from POWER_OFF to POWER_ON, the problem is, Im not pretty sure
if this is the right diagnosis, and if there are other possibilities
why this PSU wouldnt power up.

I would really appreciate if anybody can give an insight to this, I
would give further details on my troubleshooting if asked.

thank you very much

- Mannix