Edwin Pawlowski

"Jay Pique" wrote in message
The metal one that comes with the saw has an opening of over 1/2". I'm
not in the shop, but it's definitely not "zero clearance" by any
stretch of the imagination.

Not for dado, but for tilting the blade. Once you make the zci, don't try to
tilt the blade with it in place.

The more I think about it, the more I'm entertaining the idea of
tapping some holes in the support brackets themselves and putting
little padded leveling feet in them.

That would work. I just use screws in the insert so I can fine tune each one
if needed. I also have a screw in one end where the tab is to prevent it
from lifting. While you are at it, make a half dozen so you have them for
different blades, dado stacks, and a spare. I used 1/2" mdf and made a half
dozen for about two bucks.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/