mike hide

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 19:27:31 -0400, Roy Smith wrote:

In the Japanese scroll room, I found a Sam Maloof armchair.

I've sat on chairs there by Sam Maloof, Tage Frid, and both a bench and
a Conoid by George Nakashima. I did the measured Conoid drawings of the
from that one, to build my own from it.

I also had supper in a gallery there one evening, but that's a perk of
speaking at museum conferences 8-)

They have a roughed out Maloof arm chair at Highland Hardware in town here.
I have sat in it several times and found it not too ergonomically correct .
As opposed to the antique chairs where everything seems to suit the body
very well, the arms on the Maloof chair seem way too low, to me at least....